Parking solutions; the journey starts – and ends – with Clearview Intelligence
With the right data available, informed action can be taken to connect users with available spaces; provide effective user guidance via Variable Message Signs (VMS) and minimise the time and fuel wasted looking for spaces. For operators, this equates to efficient capacity management, optimisation of asset performance and an overall better experience for their users.
Understanding car park utilisation is the basis for maximising the performance of any parking asset, whether it is to increase revenue, maximise usage or provide guidance. At Clearview, we offer a range of solutions to meet the varying needs of car park operators and their users.
- Global counts (in and out) – Inductive loops at the entrances and exits of car parks identify vehicles by detecting changes in the magnetic field caused by vehicles passing overhead. Find out more about global counts in our recentarticle dedicated to this.
- Zone counts – Using a similar method to global in and outs, zone counts register vehicle movements in logical clusters of parking spaces, such as different multi-storey floors, or ‘staff’ and ‘visitor’ areas.
- Individual parking bay counts – Using surface mounted sensors you can monitor exactly where available spaces are in real time. Find out more about bay counts in our recent article dedicated to this.
Once data has been collected, it can be used to influence driver behaviour and optimise asset management for operators. It can be used to identify trends in peak times or usage, advertise available spaces and alert facilities management to problems.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) – VMS provides clear real-time direction to all drivers on where they should navigate to for a space and can be complemented by mobile phone applications. This can reduce the time, congestion and stress associated with looking for available spaces, improving the driver experience and maximising use of parking capacity by advertising spaces that may not be visible from the roadside.
- Alerts – Clearview’s Insight Parking software application can be programmed to generate alerts relating to faults, congestion or overstays. Fault alerts are used to identify issues with equipment while information alerts are used for areas such as bay overstay. This helps operators to address problems quickly and efficiently to restore business as usual.
The key factor that will influence any operator’s decision to implement car parking solutions will be the benefits; what difference will it make to them and those using the facility? An increase in revenue from chargeable car parks is an obvious advantage, but what about those where car parking is offered to users for free?
- Employees – Time spent searching for a space creates stress and can cause employees to arrive late and in a frustrated or negative mindset which will impact on productivity. By clearly directing staff to available spaces this will provide an uncomplicated end to their commute and put them in the right mindset for a positive and productive day ahead.
- Visitors – Like employees, time spent searching for a space can lead to frustration and lateness, which can delay scheduled meetings and create a poor first impression of the company. Parking solutions will eliminate these issues and present the company and its associated workspace as efficient.
- Experience – Parking often denotes the start and end of the working day and a positive or negative experience will contribute to an employee’s perception of a job and can affect their decision to remain with a company.
- Social and corporate responsibility – A lack of available parking will lead to overspill and potentially irresponsible parking as employees hurry to arrive to work on time. This can impact on the welfare of the individual or surrounding community if vehicles are parked dangerously or causing an obstruction, which will impact on the reputation of the company. Providing efficient parking will eradicate these risks and turn potential negative situations into a positive.
- Facilities - The alerts generated for equipment faults, congestion or overstays offer an efficient management system for operators, allowing them to target resources as and when is required.
By utilising Clearview’s car parking solutions, operators can maximise their assets and drivers can minimise their frustration. Together, this makes the reality of car parking as simple as the concept.
Clearview Intelligence help make journeys work – and with our car parking solutions, the journey starts – and ends - here. Come and talk to us Parkex.