Owner and Founder
The Parking Consultancy
Ian started The Parking Consultancy in 2016, after spending 20 years working both here and abroad for local authorities, the NHS, universities and the private sector.
Ian began his career focusing on Travel Plans for employers but quickly moved on to delivering large-scale capital projects, managing car parks and handling multi-million pound transport contracts.
Ian’s career highlights include:
- Project managing the delivery of a £1.2m rail-link bus service and the I-CYCLE Manchester cycle hire scheme.
- Managing the transport component of Manchester Metropolitan University’s £450m campus consolidation project.
- Becoming Chair of the British Parking Association’s Special Interest Group on Higher Education Parking.
- Managing the application of Parking Policies, including the introduction of needs-based permit allocation, parking charges and enforcement.
- Overseeing the renewal of car parking capital infrastructure and creating park and ride facilities.
- Writing, implementing and evaluating Travel Plans at local authorities, hospitals, and universities.
Passionate about his work, Ian now works tirelessly to ensure that The Parking Consultancy is delivering the best possible advice for our clients.